Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have a 2000 Johnson Oceanpro 200 hp, the trim is sluggish,

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Johnson Oceanpro 200 hp, the trim is sluggish, seem ok down by having trouble trimming up -- I am using the trim on the motor (on the motor). Any thoughts?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** you have a volt meter to do some voltage tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes'

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok locate the relays and then the green and blue wires coming from the relays going to the trim motor. Connect the volt gauge in the blue and green wires. Connect the red lead to the blue wire and the black lead to the green wire. Now trim the motor what is your voltage reading? The trim motor must stay connected for this test. We are doing a loaded circuit test of the trim motor to determine if we are getting enough voltage to the trim motor.