Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

The radar dome in my 2001 boat's Pathfinder RL70 is warped

Customer Question

The radar dome in my 2001 boat's Pathfinder RL70 is warped and blocks the radar arm from pivoting. Can I get a new/used dome? Could I operate the radar in the rain without a dome?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Sometimes you can find just the covers (top/bottom) used on places like ebay and or whole used radar domes: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xraytheon+dome.TRS0&_nkw=raytheon+dome&_sacat=0
Also you can usually order a new replacement as well, but with the cost of such you may reconsider entire dome replacement, you can usually order the replacement covers directly through the manufacture.
Do NOT operate it without the covers on the radar unit.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.