Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a 2014 Robalo 222 center console. AM-FM radio quit yesterday.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Robalo 222 center console. AM-FM radio quit yesterday. Maybe just a loose wire. How do I get to the backside of the electronics from down in the head to check the fuses, etc. There's a upholstered wood panel blocking them, and I can't find a way to remove it. It's about 2ft wide and 3ft tall. No screws visible. It won't flex or bend its way out.
Thanks.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Remove the screws that hold in the storage tray under the helm. then take it out. You will then have full access to the wiring of the helm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I say again. The storage trays are above the helm, not below. They have drains. Access to the back of the "dashboard" from the head is what I'm seeking.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
There is a removable panel located behind the commode as well.
On the front of the helm, there is a storage rack at the bottom of it held in by about 8 screws, you can also remove that and get access.