Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a YAMAHA 212X JET BOAT 2012 MODEL. I RECENTLY REMOVED

Customer Question

I have a YAMAHA 212X JET BOAT 2012 MODEL. I RECENTLY REMOVED THE BATTERY TO CHARGE. AFTER REINSTALLING AND USING THE BOAT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON, THE GAUGES SHOW ERROR CODE N2K COMM. ALSO, THE DEPTH SOUNDER IS NOT WORKING. THE DISPLAY SHOWS DEPTH FT BUT DOES NOT INDICATE THE ACTUAL DEPTH. I HAVE CHECKED ALL THE FUSES I CAN FIND AND CHECKED FOR DISCONNECTED WIRES. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.

Your NMEA 2000 code is most likely coming from the lack of a power supply to it. There should be a small red and a small black near the battery. Make sure that they are hooked to the correct battery terminals.
The depth finder is not related to this. If the transducer is inside the hull, make sure that it is not coming loose from the hull, that can cause this issue. If it outside the hull, make sure that it is level with the bottom of the boat and not pointing up or down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Charles, I have checked the battery connections and I do not have a smaller red wire to the battery. I have 3 negative connections on the battery, all connections are good. I have removed a small deutcsh connector behind the helm to check. there are two wires going into one side, none on the other. I'm sure it is a jumper possibly with resisters built into the pins. The connector is marked "DTM04-2p", any ideas?

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
The blank connector is just a spare rated at 7.5A.
Is there a battery switch at the rear of the boat? Check the wires on that as well. You should have a set if wires someplace that do power up the boat and not just the engine.