Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Brand new Hummingbird 398ci si worked great days. Now

Customer Question

Brand new Hummingbird 398ci si worked great for 2 days. Now the GPS part of the system has vanished! It's not on any of the displays nor in the settings. I reset the unit to factory settings but it did not help.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.
Do you know how to turn on the GPS diagnostic view?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is part of the problem. All aspects and references to the GPS have vanished from the system completely after being there and working fine for 2 days.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Power the unit up and then press the menu button. this will start the start up menu. Scroll down to system status, then go t GPS diagnostic view, with a clear view of the sky, this will tell you how many satellites the unit is picking up.
If it is not very many, you will need to contact Humminbird and see if there is a software update on the unit, and possible return it to them for repair.
http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=4615
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As previously said, ALL references on the unit related to GPS have vanished. In system status the part for GPS is not there anymore, therefore no diagnostics view or even a page for it. If you believe I need to contact Hummingbird, please do not charge my account. Thank you for trying...
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
They are going to want to know the software version that you are using currently and possibly update it.