Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

There, I need some help please. I have a Lowrance LCX-37c

Customer Question

Hi There, I need some help please. I have a Lowrance LCX-37c & after following the instructions to configure it with the new B164 Software, I have lost my mapping. Can you please help? Many thanks.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. The first thing I would suggest doing is a reset to factory defaults. This should bring you back to a working unit where you can adjust the settings again.1. Press MENU|MENU|↓ to SYSTEM SETUP|ENT|↓ to RESETOPTIONS|ENT.2. The unit asks if you want to reset all the options. Press ← toYES|ENT. All options are reset and the unit reverts back to the MapPage at the 4000-mile zoom range. (Any recorded sonar logs or GPSdata will be unchanged.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Michael, thanks for your help. . I have already tried resetting factory settings was step 1
All I can now see is the Map Page at the 4000-mile zoom range .... which is what gives me “you’re somewhere on a blob that looks like Australia”. What I cant do is get the stupid machine to reload the mapping data that is in the SD card (not the SD card you gave me, but the Navionics card you have to buy separately with mapping data on it)Any ideas? Thanks, Shara
If you have a card with additional maps or more detail, that should automatically load when you start the unit up. There is nothing that you should have to do other than putting the card in.