Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have a hummingbird 798c that shuts down whenever I hit a

Customer Question

I have a hummingbird 798c that shuts down whenever I hit a wave but runs fine in smooth water. It also sometimes shuts down upon starting the outboard. I can get it running again by disconnecting the unit from its connection mount, but again it will shut down hitting the first wave. Any thoughts ?
xxxx xxxxxxxx
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Loel my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. It sounds like it actually has a poor connection to wherever it is getting power from. Did you install the unit yourself or did you have somebody do it for you?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. It looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did not receive one.