Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have elite 5 dsi.it wont show fish or bottom structure details

Customer Question

I have elite 5 dsi.it wont show fish or bottom structure details & at driving fast it wont read depth or anything,just reads 2' What am I pushing wrong buttons? or wired wrong. All it reads is depth&wtr.temp.I read instruct.&cant get up fish mode on menu like it shows in book or on simulater.please help.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.Your DSI is actually just a low speed transducer, it will not read at speeds above 30 MPH. If you wish to read depths at speeds above that, you would need to install a high speed transducer and a "Y" cable in the lines to the unit. To get the fish mode on the menu, make sure that advanced mode is checked in the settings menu.