Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Lowrance HDS 7. Screen will read Contrast Pot: 252 Read more: http:/

Customer Question

Lowrance HDS 7.
Screen will read Contrast Pot: 252
Cannot get anything after a hard reset.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I suspect that error message - if it readsContrast Pot: 252means that a potentiometer (or 'pot') is defective. A potentiometer might well affect or adjust the contrast - since they are the basic component inside the usual 'dial'-type control. Presumably the one numbered 252 on a circuit board inside the device, is the one indicated. If the error message does not read as I have cited, then I would offer a different answer. But the above is indicated especially if the contrast control is not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer does not seem on point and I am not satisfied with the fee paid for an obvious response. I am looking to get this unit in repairable condition and expected an expert answer related to this particular unit. Not generalities.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Well, OK. But please consider my Answer. It is based on a good education in electronics and a couple decades of electronics repair.I admit I did not find a schematic for your model of device. I just now searched for a service manual or a repair manual for your model of device. I found nothing available, at all.I never took a device of this model apart.With the materials and information at hand, I had to put together an answer for your question. I did what I could.That's why, as you put it, I had to produce 'generalities'. But they were all to-the-point. Please allow for that.I have Opted Out, to give you a chance for the more-specific answer you require, which as I have explained, is not possible for me. (This chance at a second opinion, is given to you at no additional charge.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my money.