Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My mn100 dual digital Tacktick worked fine last fall. First

Customer Question

My mn100 dual digital Tacktick worked fine last fall. First time out this spring, I got no data from the "speedo." All the other sources of data (wind, depth, etc.) are okay. The display shows 0.0 for speed. The paddlewheel is not fouled. I check-out the wiring coming out of the speed transducer into the wireless box. Wires seem connected. I did not try to open the box itself. Selling my boat so this issue has to be resolved pronto. Many thanks.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any progress on my problem?
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
On a multimeter when you spin the wheel when the meter is attached to the wiring you should see fluctuations if it is working, if not then it needs to be replaced, often wires can get damaged and or bad connections such as butt connectors. After that has all been checked it leaves the wireless module to next be checked/suspected. The paddle wheel senders often go bad.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.