KKassel, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Worked on marine electronics for over 8+ years and counting

I have a Raymarine C60 multifunction display from 2006. It

I have a Raymarine C60 multifunction display from 2006. It is not picking up a signal from the GPS or radar. I didn't use these for a few weeks due to not needing them in local cruising grounds. Before they were working just fine. When I started them up yesterday there was no position given on the screen. I've tried MENU - System Reset without any luck. Looking in diagnostics under MENU shows zero in terms of signal for either- it just doesn't know they are there. I haven't done any wiring work. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with sometimes pulling the memory chip without shutting the unit down properly. Maybe, but then I'd think the system should reboot OK. I guess an outside chance is that the GPS and radar run off a different fuse from the multifunction display and this has popped.
Have you updated the software yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. No. I saw some info on this online and in the handbook but didn't follow up. My thinking was that if it was working before it should be working now and this would just add another variable into the troubleshooting.
No update the software, then do a rest on the unit and it should be ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK. Thanks. I've never done this before. What's the best place to get the update? Is it the Raymarine website?
Copy the link below then go to downloads and updates§ion=2&page=758&product=1672
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that. I'll give it a shot at the weekend. I need to find an old low capacity flash card first I think.