GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I use my Ipod to provide complementary music. Lately it is

Customer Question

I use my Ipod to provide complementary music. Lately it is responding very slow to commands
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I am not savvy to any technical terms re.My Ipod
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I have about 400 songs
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any trouble shooting
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 days ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Restarting your iPod touch to improve its speed is a well-known trick. But this boost in speed is often only temporary. After some time or a few days, you will again see that your device is working sluggishly, hanging at times and crashing completely as well.

There are a number of reasons that might cause iPod touch running slow. For instance, you might be using multiple apps and not closing the apps after use, the memory of your device might be running low, or you might be using multiple services together.

3 Effective Methods to Fix Slow iPod touch

Method 1 Close Unnecessary Apps

Follow the below steps to close those unnecessary apps.

1. Tap on the Home button of your iPod touch twice to open the multitasking screen.
  2. Now, right or left until you see app that is running but you don’t want to use it any more.
  3. Simply swipe that apps thumbnail upwards and close that app.

Method 2 Delete Apps

Deleting apps is an excellent way to clear up space in your iPod touch which might solve the problem of slow iPod touch. As you might have already paid for the app once, the App Store will remember it and you will not be required to pay for it again.

Follow the below steps to delete apps.

1. Tap on Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.
  2. Here you will see all the apps that are installed in your iPod touch. Tap on the app that you don’t need anymore and then tap on the Delete button

Method 3 Disable Additional Services

While you might know now, a lot of additional services run in the background in your iPod touch. While some of them are important, others are not. Apart from causing your iPod touch running slow, these services also consume a lot of additional charge from your device. You can disable the ones that you don’t need to improve the speed of your iPod touch.

Follow the below steps to disable them.

1. Tap on Settings and then on iTunes & App Stores.
  2. Now, toggle all buttons to the off position that are located under Automatic Downloads heading.
  3. Now, Touch on Background App Refresh and toggle it to the off position as well.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 days ago.

If these methods don't work, please let me know and I will walk you through the process of resetting your ipod to factory default settings. This is an extreme measure that you won't want to take unless you have tried all other options first. y

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal.