Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My apple id is disabled for a while now, just now, app

Customer Question

hi my apple id is disabled for a while now
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: just now
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: app updates or iphone?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried updating my apps it wont let me or tried to purchase a app still wont let me it says your apple id is disabled
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is for my iphone
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. First is that if someone has tried to login to your Apple ID with too many incorrect passwords then Apple will disable it to protect the information of your account.

To enable it back, you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID.

If that didn't work, then reset again and this time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your account. After resetting the account, you will be able to download using it.

If resetting the password *****'t work, then here comes the second reason. If Apple has noticed any issues with your card or payment information like report of fraudulent charges, refunds etc they will disable the App Store part of your Apple ID. You will still be able to sign in to your Apple ID, change payment details, password ***** but you will not be able to purchase or download or update your apps. Because they limit the App store part of the ID.

So all you have to do is call Apple directly and ask them to reactivate the account. Only they can access the database and enable the account for you.

To contact iTunes Support, goto this link --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Get Help under Talk to Us. Click iTunes & Apple Music. Click iTunes Store.

Click Account Management. Click Apple ID has been disabled alert

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will enable the account within a few minutes.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.