Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

After being in use for a while my computer screen starts to

Customer Question

after being in use for a while my computer screen starts to blink for a little while then it stops. then starts up again
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: it is an OS X version 10.9.5 it just started doing it about 4 days ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no i've been putting them off for about a month now
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it should i just do the updates?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is***** me to briefly go over your original question so I don't miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 8 days ago.

It is always good to have the most recent updates on your mac however, it may not fix this issue but then it could. It just all depends. Is this an imac? macbook? mac mini? I ask because if you were able to try a 2nd monitor or a different monitor you could then rule out it being the monitor. Let me know what mac you have?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it's a mac notebook
Expert:  Jon replied 8 days ago.

I know its a long shot, but do you happen to have an external monitor maybe from an older desktop and possibly a macbook adapter that you can possible connect to this monitor. Like I said I don't expect you to have a macbook display adapter and a monitor lying around but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. If not, go ahead and make sure your mac's system updates are all up-to-date. You can open the app store icon from your mac and then go to the updates section choosing "updates" at the top of the app store window. Then click install next to an update that may be displayed. Then let me know when your done.

Expert:  Jon replied 5 days ago.

It has been a several days without a response. You can either respond to the question when you are ready to continue or close your ticket.

Thanks.