Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Experience:  Training and Development at Scientifically Speaking
81238384

Aloha, I have an iphone 6 and a 5c and a Imac 21 in and (a

Customer Question

Aloha, I have an iphone 6 and a 5c and a Imac 21 in and (a now broken) macbook pro 13. My problem is with my APPLE ID. I tried to change my ID across Itunes, Icloud and Account to one id and one password. I am stuck where I get message that says my iMac can not connect to the cloud due to a problem with the old ID and it asks for the old password. From there, nothing works.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: When I enter the new ID, it wants me to change the passwrod. Which I thn do. However, next time I am on the iMac, it again says can not connect to iCloud due to a problem with the old ID. Can you help me get them all aligned (iCloud, Account and iTunes) id's and passwords? I bought the macbook pro as a apple referbrished, is it probably 2012 or 2103. U update the OS when ever apple offers and update, so I am running whatever was current in the last month.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Again, the issue is with the iMac. On the imac, were would I look to see the most recent updates. I usually install whatevery Apple prompts me to install as updates.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Going back to the problem with can't align the Apple ID and Password ***** my different devices. The only thing I hav tried is responding to the prompt that is telling me there is a problem with my (OLD) iCloud ID, I no longer know what the pass word is with that ID. So, I type in the more recent ID, then iham insgtructed (have to?) change the password, which I do. Then, same problem again - Prompetd by a message that says there is a problem with the old ID
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not kow what else to tell you. Mahalo, Bill
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 10 days ago.

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Are you able to sign in to appleid.apple.com?