Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My husband's iphone is weirdly connected to my applie id for

Customer Question

Hi there, my husband's iphone is weirdly connected to my applie id for the app store. The settings read correctly, but when trying to update apps in the app store, it shows my apple ID.
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Mine or my husband's? I don't really remember either way, honestly.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, he did the 10.3.1 update this morning, but this has been a problem since I gave him my old phone. We didn't wipe it and that's probably where the problem was introduced.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: OMG, everything. :)
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. Will this be an iphone technician, right? I'm typing from my work mac.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is not weirdly connected. Let me explain why it is that way. Each application you downloaded using a particular Apple ID is tied to that ID/email address. That means whenever you try to update those apps from App Store, it will still ask for the original Apple ID/email used to download it regardless of what ID you signed on your iPhone now. Sounds like those apps are originally downloaded using your ID, thus it is asking for your ID. So what you want to do is, just delete those application and redownload them using his ID/email and then that application will be tied to that account.

Deleting the app will also delete its contents. It won't delete anything of server based apps like Facebook, Emails etc.

To delete, just tap and hold down the app and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on the app and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search the application and download it using his account.

Important : On his iPhone, go to Settings (select your name) iTunes & App Store and make sure his ID is signed there. If you see old your Apple ID there, then tap it and tap Sign Out. Then sign in to his ID

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ? Do you still need help ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am sorry for the delay. I have contacted Apple and they are troubleshooting this directly by phone now. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

No problem. There is nothing to troubleshoot. The issue is exactly what I have described above. You just need to delete those apps requiring your Apple ID and redownload them with his ID.