Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How to approve my ipad

how to approve my ipad

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have another Apple device there ? iPhone ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

Then you can't approve me. Go back to previous page and do you see Don't use Keychain or Don't restore passwords option ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not such option

Let's do this step by step. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Let me know once you did that and what you see on the screen.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The apple logo

Let it load. Then tell me what you screen

Let it load. Then tell me what you see on screen

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Again asking for icloud security code no frigging idea!!!!!!

That because you choose to use iCloud keychain i.e password ***** That is why it is asking so many security details. What options do you see on screen ?

Do you see Cancel or back or Don't restore password ***** ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
APPROVE. From other device
Reset keychain
Cancel
If I agree to reset keychain it says all passwords will be erased!!!

Go ahead and reset keychain. You don't have any other option left. That will allow you to setup iPad. No other personal stuffs will be erased. These passwords can be retrieved later

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Which passwords will be deleted? How do I restore. Everyday I hate apple and Mr jobs more

Sorry about that. Apple is very strict about security and they put this to protect your data. Think of if someone stole your iPad, do you want them to have access to all your account details without any security measures ? That is why Apple implemented it, for your security and privacy.

Only the ones that was saved to iCloud will be deleted. This will never mess anything or delete any of your accounts of anything. If you don't have any other Apple device there, then nothing is saved on iCloud, so go ahead and reset it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have cloud on my computers dell

That won't help. iCloud keychain is for Apple devices. Believe me, you can safely reset it without messing anything.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the process should it take this long?

A few minutes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please!!!!!!

??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean go ahead

I mean it will only take a few minutes to do the reset it. What is your iPad showing now ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Enter security code and the wheel twirling in the corner

Give it max of 10 minutes. If it still doesn't reset or bring another screen, let me know.

If it is waiting for your enter code, then enter the passcode you use to unlock the ipad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it uis frozen on the icloud request page. I thought u were going to enter and troubleshoot

Your iPad will not allow remote troubleshooting. It is for computer only.

I want you to reset again. To reset when it is frozen, hold down Home and Power button until it shows Apple logo

How is it going ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It worked let's see what happens with passwords later on thanks

You're most welcome ! As long as you don't enable iCloud keychain from Settings, you will not have any issues.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,