Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

All my contact list has been deleted since I updated the

Customer Question

Hello hello. All my contact list has been deleted since I updated the other day. i didn't notice till today because I hadn't needed it.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 5s e only had it since June
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any troubleshooting. It's never happened before. I've lost my whole contact list.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Because I've lost my list, all of my text messages don't have names. Just phone numbers. That's how I noticed it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

I am Bhavik.

I can help you with this.

Make Sure that you have backed up your iPhone or iOS devices to iTunes and have an iTunes backup file stored on your computer, and you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC computer. (The earlier version may cause failing to restore the lost data from iTunes Backup.)
Step 1. Connect your iOS device to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2. Open iTunes on your computer to start with the procedure.

Step 3. Click on “File > Devices > Restore from Backup”, or else click the device button, go to the “Summary” tab and locate the button named “Restore Backup”.

Note: If Find My iPhone is enabled on your device, you first have to turn it off by going to “Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone” on your device.
Step 4. Choose the backup file you need from the available selection. Be sure to check the indicated device name and date of each backup to ascertain the most appropriate one for your device. Next click on "Restore" and wait a while for the process to run its course.

Please try this and let me know how it goes.