GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I need to reset my password, as my Apple ID is in my notes,

Customer Question

I need to reset my password, as my Apple ID is in my notes, my phone did an update, and will not let me go any further until I get my password ***** and they are not recognizing my email addresses for some reason. I need this phone for the duo app for me to do my work from home. Help me please
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Oh, I don't know, a couple of years maybe, my contract is up in July
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This just started, I allowed it do do an update this afternoon, and then when it restarted, it wants me to put in my Apple ID, which is in my notes on my phone, and it will not let me access anything on the phone and every time I guess at it, it says it is invalid. I tried to reset password, but my emails it is not recognizing.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to access my phone, I am in a panic
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 days ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. Have you tried changing your password ***** the Apple ID website?

If you haven't let's give that a try. Click on the link belowL

https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 days ago.

Please give that a try and let me know the results. If for any reason that doesn't work, or if you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Have a great day!