Richard Kresslein
Richard Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  3+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

My tech guy says the reason no Word docs are coming up when

Customer Question

Hi, my tech guy says the reason no Word docs are coming up when I click on them is my Microsoft account is out of date...I've got a Mac...where do I go to upgrade?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's am OS X Version 10.9.5, Macintosh HD
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Well, I think so because my "mini Mac" is recently totally upgraded (bought it new a few years back)...and Word was added sometime in there, just decided to quit recently
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Probably not, just have lots of "Doc" files that will be needed later, now are not responding at all.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard Kresslein replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Even an outdated version of Microsoft Word should be able to open .doc files. However, if it is very outdated and the files are .docx, that would be a different story. Would you mind if I securely connect to have a look and see what the issue might be?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sure, have at it.

Thank you. Just Answer is showing me that payment has failed. As soon as you have sorted this out with them I can begin.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just checked the doc files, all are opening now. I guess cancel the procedure, so thanks for "grappling with it" with me...why it would "fix itself" or "fail in the first place" is beyond me!!

Wow, that's strange. Okay no problem. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top right corner of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!