Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do i upload canon sx530hs pictures to my mac via wifi?

Customer Question

how do i upload canon sx530hs pictures to my mac via wifi?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac to see the version number

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
10.7.5
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
do you know?
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Sorry, the payment for remote support has failed. Your bank or CC company probably blocked the charge of remote support. So I will send you instructions in here

Sorry, the CameraWindow DC application for SX530 HS isn't available for 10.7.5. It requires Mac OS X 10.9 or later version. CameraWindow DC is the wireless application that you use to transfer photos from camera to Mac wirelessly.

However, I found an older version of that app --> http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0200232302.html

Download and install it. Then open that app and does it allow you to establish connection ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it will take a few minutes
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
are u sure this will work. how does the camera go online?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ashik hello
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

I'm here. Please give me a few minutes to type your reply

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

No, I'm not sure because the original application for your camera is not compatible with 10.7 because it requires 10.9 or later version of OS X. The above is an older version, it may or may not work. Open that app and it will give you onscreen instructions to connect your camera to your WiFi.

If that didn't work, then you have two options in here. You can upgrade your OS X to 10.9 or later, so your Mac will be comaptible with Canon's latest app that allow you to do the transfer via WiFi

Or you can transfer the photos from the Camera to your Mac via Wired connection which will be the faster and safer method

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Which wire do i need what are the connections called?/
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the app is taking FOREVER to download
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
USB to what?
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

I'd recommend wired transfer as WiFi transfer is not reliable and will not work always. I will send instructions

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

What type of Mac is this ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
macbook the white one
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

How old is it ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
mid 2007!
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Typing your answer. Will post instructions

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hello
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

I'm here. Typing..it is a long answer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ohboy!
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

There are two easy and common ways to transfer photos from your Camera to your Mac and it works 100%

You have two options in here

Option 1 : Use USB connection to do the transfer

You can buy this USB cable from any local store for less than $3 and just ask for the Camera USB cable or Mini USB cable. Your Camera probably came with that cable already. So check the box of that camera. When you get the cable, just connect it to your Mac. Then open iPhoto app and it will recognize your camera and ask you to import the photos. If iPhoto doesn't recognize it, then go to Applications folder and open Image Capture app. Image Capture will recognize it and allow you to download photos. Let me know if it doesn't recognize them

See here --> https://www.amazon.com/ReadyPlug-PowerShot-Picture-Computer-Transfer/dp/B00S8RZRJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492452192&sr=8-1&keywords=sx530hs+usb+cable

Option 2 : Use SD Card reader

You can buy a SD card reader. Then connect the SD card reader to your Mac's USB port and put the SD card from Camera to that reader. Your Mac will instantly recognize that card and allow you to download photos using iPhoto or Image Capture application. This is the common method of downloading photos from Camera.

See here --> https://www.amazon.com/Fixget-Standard-Connector-Notebook-Smartphones/dp/B01N4CF6AD/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1492452447&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=sd+card+reader&psc=1

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

______________________

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i don't have a smart phone
i want thisto go to my computer. a mini plug is too small. this doesn't have a card. it's a digital camera
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Yes, my answers are in related to your Mac. The cable I sent you does support your camera. The small end goes to your Camera and the big end of USB goes to Mac.

And Yes, it is a digital camera and it indeed have a card.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the mini is too small for the camera
where is the card?
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Make sure you are not using a Micro USB cable. It has to be a Mini USB cable. Smartphone cables are Micro USB cable but your camera uses Mini USB cable.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

The card is usually in the compartment of battery. Open battery cover and do you see the card ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the wireless app you sent me is for a printer
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

It is an all in one app and it may not work as it was not designed for your OS X as your OS X is old. But the USB cable method and SD card method will definitely work.

See the difference between Mini USB and Micro USB --> https://www.premiumusb.com/content/images/sitepremium/blog/mini_vs_micro.jpg

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Believe me, you don't want to do the wireless transfer. It doesn't work always and your Mac doesn't support it.

The best options are USB cable method or SD card method. Buy a Mini USB cable and use it to connect to your Mac. Then follow the instructions I sent you above to download the photos.

Or use SD card reader. Buy a SD card reader and connect that reader to your Mac's USB cable. Take out the SD card from camera and put it to the reader. Your Mac will recognize it instantly and you can download the photos using iPhoto or Image Capture application.

Open the battery cover of your camera and you will see the battery and SD card there. Just push the SD card and it will be ejected. You can then take it out.