Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I would like to reformat my hard drive on a yosemite

Customer Question

I would like to reformat my hard drive on a yosemite operating system and reinstall the operating system. I had a windows dual boot and would like to make it all apple now.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: reasonable amount
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: when ever it requests updates yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just want to recover the dual boot system I previously installed with a partition
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was trying to make appointment at Lehigh Valley Allentown pa.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To delete the Windows partition and restore it to Mac partition, you don't need to do a complete format. You can do this without erasing Mac OS X. Follow the steps below;

First backup all your important files from your Windows side to an external hard drive as the following process will delete Windows and its files.

Then on your Mac, go to Applications folder, open Utilities folder and open Bootcamp Assistant. Click Continue on the initial Boot Camp Assistant Introduction window. Select Create or remove a Windows partition and then click Continue

Click the Restore button to remove the Windows partition and restore the disk to a single-partition OS X volume. That will do it.

If you have any difficulty on doing the steps above or if you want to completely delete both Mac and Windows and start fresh, please let me know.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.