Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

I accidently activated my find my iphone and now my phone it

Customer Question

hi i accidently activated my find my iphone and now my phone it says activation locked and I cannot get past that. i do not remember setting up an icloud and if i did i certainly dont remember the password. i have been on the phone since 445 pm with apple and just got off with my at&t to get my sims number and my imei number can someone help me unlock my phone and get rid of that app. lol thanks
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I have never used the icloud that i remember i always write down my password ***** that is no where to be found
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes on my computer i set up avast to save y passwords
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i havent gotten anywhere because my phone is locked and apple so far will not even help because i havent had the right info
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.
The only way to bypass the activation lock is to make the phone happy by typing in the proper Apple ID and password ***** is tied to this phone. If you are not sure of the Apple ID and or password ***** you can go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
You can choose to get an email or answer security questions to reset/recover your password.If this helps in any way please consider to rate my services. If not, please let me know how I can further assist.