Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Circle with a line in it, don't know, I think I was trying

Customer Question

Circle with a line in it
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: don't know
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I think I was trying to update Seria
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turned off and restart
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on a different computer since I cannot get past a blank screen
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You cannot connect to my computer since it is a blank screen with a circle with a line it is frozen
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that either the system files are corrupted or they are deleted/moved. This usually happens if the system is interrupted during update.

You can reinstall your Mac OS X. Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem unless it is hardware related.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS X. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X.

If that didn't work,then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is what I did
hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. l.
Now it show OS X Utilities
What next???
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Click Reinstall Mac OS X and follow the onscreen instructions. This will rewrite missing files with new one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot click on it the screen is frozen?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Is your mouse working ? Which Mac is this ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mouse works - Macbook Pro - three years old
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Can you restart and try again ?

If it is not responding, hold down Power button to turn it off

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok just turned off will turn on should I press option command R?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how long does it take to install or is it frozen?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

What is it showing now ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Apple picture with a bar that is filled with grey
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

How long has it been frozen there ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
about 20 minutes
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Then it is frozen. Turn it off. Turn it back on and try to reinstall again

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

If there is any issue with your internet, then the process will be interrupted as we are reinstalling from internet

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing is wrong with my internet - It re-insalled - I think and now it is stuck again at the apple with the bite?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Reinstalling is supposed to take atleast 2 hours. So are you sure it reinstalled ? Did you choose Reinstall mac OS or Reinstall Mac OS X ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Are you sure the re installation process was completed ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It is supposed to take a few hours to complete the reinstallation process. Restart and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys for 20 seconds. This will boot into Internet recovery or OS X Utilities screen

In there, you have to click Reinstall macOS and then follow onscreen instructions. This will download OS X from Apple (which may take time). Then it will reinstall which is going to take another hour or 2.