Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Message says devise (one) not paired, Mac, yes yesterday I

Customer Question

message says devise (one) not paired
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes yesterday I tried to sync with my iphone but removed the app. After trying a few things I completely removed the fitbit on my Mac and re-downloaded the software
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the fitbit was not syncing well for the last few months. I was never able to force sync but eventually it would sync on its own
Category: Mac
Expert:  kanoko replied 5 months ago.

I would be glad to help. To better understand the source of the problem, can you try following these steps and let me know if you run into any problems along the way:

• Check if Fitbit Connect is installed. To check, make sure you see an icon with the Fitbit logo located near the date and time on your computer (usually at the top-right). If you can't find it, try the set up instructions again in How do I set up my tracker?
  • Check if your FitBit is added to your account. To check, log into your fitbit.com account and click the gear icon in the top right corner. You should see your tracker's name at the top of the menu. If you don't, click the Fitbit Connect icon. Choose Open Main Menu > Set Up a New Device and follow the instructions to pair your tracker.
  • Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. To check, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > Turn Bluetooth On.
  • If you also sync with a mobile device, make sure it isn't nearby or its Bluetooth setting is turned off.