Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Anyone good with Apple running El Capitan Restoring PostBox

Anyone good with Apple running El Capitan Restoring PostBox Emails from Backup.
I delete a lot of files on my Imap email server and it deleted them on my hard disk as well. I would like to recover them.Then I need to move my Imap files off my mail server to a backup site somewhere.
Then change my mail account from Imap to POP and back them up.Need a good strategy to keep my business correspondence in folders where I can access them for backup info and references.
My current mail server is limiting me to 500MB and is not enough.
Can't get my Google to access my mail server for some reason.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Do you still need assistance with your issue? Please reply to let me know and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
David I do need help, just had other deadlines I was working on. Traveling today but this evening or tomorrow would work.

Hi, unfortunately I won't be able to help this evening or tomorrow. I will opt out which opens the question to other experts. Meanwhile you could look at this software, it comes highly recommended.

http://www.mailsteward.com/

I can help you

Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, Jim

OK give me a minute to get it setup.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am not home where my backup drive is now, can we do this later this evening or tomorrow?

OK let me know but I need more info. What email application were you using for your PostBox account that you want to restore?

I don't recommend using POP at all. Why are you limited to 500 MB I would upgrade that account before messing with all that because once we get the email back it will immediately connect to your server and delete them again.

Sorry I meant what email provider is your account that you use the PostBox app to access?

Give me a heads up about when you will be ready to do this, thanks.