Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

For some reason I can't hotspot my daughter's iPad mini..is

Customer Question

For some reason I can't hotspot my daughter's iPad mini..is this am option that's not available
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Im not following your question sorry
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: She installed the last update I believe in October
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done all we did was reset n powered it down
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know how to connect hotspot
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

On her iPad to be one, Go to Settings > General > Cellular and tap Set Up Personal Hotspot —if it appears—to set up the service with your carrier. After you turn on Personal Hotspot, other devices can connect in the following ways: • W-Fi: On the device, choose your iPad from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

If it does not appear it means the carrier (your cell provider) is stopping it and it is not possible. It is not a limitation of the iPad but a restriction set by the carrier

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you