Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My hard drive on my MacBook Pro crashed. I replaced it with

My hard drive on my MacBook Pro crashed. I replaced it with a new one and restarted my MacBook from the net using Command-Option-R. I'm attempting to restore from my Time Machine, but at the "Select a Destination" screen, it is not finding my hard drive.

Hi there and welcome

If you run a repair disk on the disk within Dick Utility (Command - Option - R)

What does it say about the disk?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I erased and partitioned the new HDD and restored the most recent backup from my time machine. The restore took about 22 hours and it remained on "Finishing Restore" for about 4 hours, before it told me to restart. I tried to restart several time, but it won't boot up.

Thanks

It is the internal mothboard that has faulted, it will be the sata port, as you ruled out the hard drive by replacing it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the mac to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you