Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I have office for mac on an old machine I am shutting down.

Customer Question

I have office for mac on an old machine I am shutting down. How do I move the license to my new mac mini? I still have the install disk but need to know how to move the license.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: quite a bit with the old one. not so much with the new one
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: the old one is powerpc chip based so way out of date on browser, etc. unusable
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You need do nothing more than install and activate on your new computer.

Office for Mac does not have a de-activation feature. You are granted a certain amount of reactivations for personal use.

If you have a boxed version, the product key can be found on the inside of the DVD case.

Insert the DVD into the new computer's optical drive and follow the on-screen directions to install the software.

Alternatively you can download the Microsoft Office installer from the Microsoft website.

Enter the 25-digit product key when prompted by the software.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.