Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I'm not sure if iPhoto is finding some of my pictures on my

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I'm not sure if iPhoto is finding some of my pictures on my iPhone to import. I don't know if they are already imported by iCloud or something but I can't find them
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your questions now and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with your issue? Please reply to let me know and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Can you unlock your iPhone, and open the camera. Take a random photo and then verify that you can see it in your camera roll. Now leave your iPhone unlocked and connect it up to your computer.

With the iPhone unlocked you should see this latest picture available for import. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't see the picture on iPhoto but I do see it on my phones camera roll
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Depending on your version of iPhoto you might need to use Image Capture instead.

Go to Applications and open the Utilities folder, then launch Image Capture.

You should see your iPhone and all your photos and be able to import.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe I need to update iPhoto?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have update available for my software that I haven't done
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Yes that could help, but it depends on how old your Mac is. You can Image Capture in the meantime and import to a folder, and from there into iPhoto.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hm I don't see image capture in utilities
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh found it
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

You should have it, it is standard on all Macs. Try using Spotlight search to find it, click the Spotlight icon in the top right and type Image Capture.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It only finds a few pictures including the random one I took. What about all the others on the camera roll?
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Then they were deleted after the last import, so they should be in iPhoto, or on your Mac someplace if you used Image Capture already, or on another Mac you connected it to.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's strange because I don't think I imported them. I just took the a couple days ago. Could they have been imported over wifi? Like through iCloud or photo stream. Not sure what the difference is between those
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

They should also still be available for import using Image Capture. Can you see some photos in your camera roll that are not in Image Capture?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
lots
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

You should check that they haven't already been imported to iPhoto, and log into iCloud and check if they are there.

http://icloud.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't figure out where you go to see what photos are on iCloud. I logged into the website iCloud.com
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay. I will not be able to reply for a day or two so I will opt out and one of my colleagues should be able to pick up the question. Thanks!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please ensure you have iTunes installed on your computer, you can get it from www.iTunes.com

Once installed, connect your iPhone to the computer, open iTunes and allow it to synch

Once done, tell me if you then see the pictures in iPhoto please

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I synced my phone with iTunes and I still don't see the photos. They should be under the last 18 months tab right? I took them a few days ago and over Christmas
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I see them on the photo stream. But why do I not see them under last 18 months?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It will be reading the dates it was synched, as this was the date it made when it was added to the mac.

But you are best to synch them this way, and do it regularly so they are backed up

Good it is now working for you, if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But it was synced in the last 18 months.. because I just took the pictures a few days ago?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also I noticed that I haven't found some of the videos on the computer. I'm guessing they aren't transferred by photostream? But they aren't found when I plug in my phone to the computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It displays it based on the Synch date.

Videos are not transferred by photostream, use image capture for films

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I didn't find them on image capture
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok... initially the question was about finding some photos in iPhoto, and I believe you are finding them all now? Can you first confirm this before moving onto this next question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I realized I haven't found some of the videos
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry I was trying to find my original specialist, Mike. Is he not available?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I am referring to the pictures David

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have found some photos but not videos
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, great we got the photos resolved.

For this new question about your videos I ask you please to make a new question from this, you can request Mike in the question title

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will I have to pay again?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes as it is a new question

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it's not it's related to the same problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Importing pictures and videos is the same thing. I will not pay again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also Mike told me last time he helped me that he would help me again free of charge. So please just forward this to him
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

you would need then to return to that question

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I think you are confusing the questions as this one is

I'm not sure if iPhoto is finding some of my pictures on my iPhone to import. I don't know if they are already imported by iCloud or something but I can't find them

And we now have the pictures, I see nothing here about videos

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It won't let me continue the past conversation with mike without paying again. I originally requested mike but it gave me DAVID and you for some reason
Can you pleasseee see if mike is available? If not I won't be paying again and won't be using this service anymore or giving you a good review
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I have decided to opt out of working with you further. I do not know what Mike promised you with free questions, and cannot speak for him, I do know we have solved your problem, and of course it is your descion to decided on additional questions at no costs, if you feel you were promised this, I will opt out.

Please do not reply until another expert has taken over