Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am being constantly asked on my desk computer and iPhone

Customer Question

I am being constantly asked on my desk computer and iPhone for my WiFi password. I give the password ***** is on my router for the WiFi set I have, but it keeps getting rejected. Why?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 12 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If you are constantly being asked for the wifi password ***** you are probably not entering the correct password. Are you being careful to enter it exactly as shown, using a combination of caps and lower case letters and numbers? If you are certain that you are entering it exactly as it is shown on the sticker on the router, then it is likely that the router has been setup with something other than the default password ***** is shown on the router. If necessary, we can reset the router back to factory defaults and you will then be able to use that password. Do you have any other devices connected to the wifi network? Is the desktop computer that you are having trouble with connected to your router via ethernet cable?