Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When I signed in to may AOL account on Safari today, I got

Customer Question

When I signed in to may AOL account on Safari today, I got the new look and would like to return to the classic view. There were brief instructions, but I decided to try the new version. I want the previous one back, but have forgotten how to do it. I only see Windows instructions on Help, but I'm on a new Power book Pro from Mac
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your power book?
Customer: Mac 10.2.3 Sierra
JA: When did you purchase your power book? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Jan. 3 purchase. I have tried not trouble-shooting except searching AOL Help
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. On my tablet, I can get my mail window to show mail side by side with the folder menu. I do not like the top/bottom split on new AOL on powerbook
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. There are a number of settings which can affect this. It sounds as though perhaps the reading pane view in AOL Mail is turned on.

To disable the reading pane view:

1. Above your mailbox, in the upper right, click Options and then click Mail Settings.

2. On the General Settings page, in the Reading section, un-click the box next to Enable reading pane to preview mail.

4. At the bottom of the page, click Save Settings.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know. There are other settings we can check. Also, if you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here.