Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Computer has recently become very slow, It is a Mac !os

Customer Question

computer has recently become very slow
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a Mac !os running through Bell sympatico.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I checked and there are nop updates.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am nervous about trouble-shooting.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is recent and I wonder if I need to contact a repairman.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Often, when a computer slows down it is because it has malware, spyware, and or viruses. It can also slow down simply because it needs a "tune up". I would be happy to provide detailed instructions that you can follow to thoroughly clean and scan your Mac computer. I will attach the instructions as a pdf file. If you have any questions about any of the steps, please let me know, and I'll be happy to help. If you would prefer, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to remotely connect to your computer and work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would rather not.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason, I just now received notification of your response. It's fine. We definitely don't have to do a remote session. It's completely optional. Were you able to follow the instructions that I sent to you for scanning and cleaning your Mac. Do you have any questions about them?