Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

With my MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook, we have never

Customer Question

With my MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook, we have never been able to get Autocomplete working since we switched from Safari. I've worked through the help sheet :Autocomplete doesn't work on any forms," but to no avail. Help?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 10.6.8 with a replacement solid-state hard drive. Jan's is all original. Both our Books are about six years old, but w2orking well. I know my OS is old, but I use several apps that are important to me, and 10.6.8 is the last version supported.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Let's concentrate on my machine. Running Firefox 48.0.2, Mail 4.6 (1085) and, most important, Sound Studio Version 3.6.1 (3.6.1.1). (These are all cut and pasted from the "About" drop-down.) Recent Adobe updates, too.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: In Firefox Preferences-->Privacy, here is a screen shot of current settings #1-4. (Can I attached a file to this?) Guess not. Having trouble finding #4.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks for your patience.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean autocomplete working within Firefox when filling out a form?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is my problem, although autocomplete used to work with other apps (Safari, Word), too.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Mike. Are the bookmarks from Safari on the same computer, or is this a new computer that you are using?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you have had to wait so long for help. If you still need assistance with the issue I would be happy to remotely connect to your computer and fix this for you.