Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

The spinning color wheel starts every time I launch an app

Customer Question

the spinning color wheel starts every time I launch an app and then again intermittently if I ever get to actually use the app. I have reset the SMC and that helps for about 10 minutes, then it's back to the wheel of death again.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: A lot
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. I upgraded to Sierra
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I brought it to a Genius who ran some diagnostics and didn't find anything definitive. She's the one who suggested resetting the SMC.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This "wheel problem" was happening before I installed Sierra. I was hoping the the system update would solve the problem, but it didn't.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
FYI, I'm talking to you from a different computer – one that doesn't freeze up every 10 seconds.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm happy to let you connect to my machine, but, as I said already I'm on a different computer. I do need info on how to connect you to the machine that needs help. It's right here beside me.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

How exactly are you resetting the SMC?