Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Were in Florida and now can not use ipad, The message is

Customer Question

were in Florida and now can not use ipad, The message is ipad is disabled, connect to iTunes????
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Sorry, I have no idea what that means???
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: while down there it said it was doing an update, said to hit continueI
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I hit continue and it worked fine. Then turned it off, next day it asked for a code and since I did not remember any ID, other than the one I tried, it has not worked since.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just will I ever be able to use it again, I am home now and know my apple id.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 14 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, unfortunately The only solution is to restore the iPad which will cause you to lose the data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that.

Here are the steps to restore the iPad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

If you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you