Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  if you looking for good answers about mac or any product of apple (ipad, iphones, ect..) contact me
76221641

Some one is trying to get into my bank account. Do you have

Customer Question

Some one is trying to get into my bank account. Do you have software that will protect my MacBook Pro?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Not yet. Yesterday a message topped up telling me something was wrong with my computer. They tried to help me fix it, but I signed off immediately. They then tried to call me twice.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I recall.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You are my first attempt.
JA: Thank you.
Customer: Whom should I contact?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

First can I ask you what email service you are using please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.
  • Change the password ***** your Bank Account.
  • Change the password ***** your Email Account and activate the two steps verification.
  • Download and install Malwarebytes (a free malware scanner), Once you install it, Please Update and then run a Scan and Delete any Malware/Viruses. It should take 25-55 minutes to complete.
  • Buy or Download (The trial version) and install Eset nod32 Antivirus.
  • Download Firefox and install adblock plugin as this will protect your browser and web pages from Spywares and virus.
  • Do not click links in email messages if you suspect the message might not be authentic or if you don't know the sender
  • Do not click links in Social Media if you suspect the link might not be authentic.

Let me know if you need further assistance and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Important : If a Pop-up asking you to call Microsoft or Apple Tech Support, DO NOT let them have access to your computer, as they are probably installing spyware and other malicious items. Please report them to the Internet Crime Bureau here - http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you