Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

My wife needs her Apple Id number which she has had since

Customer Question

My wife needs her Apple Id number which she has had since 2012. When she put in the password ***** response to her request was no such name or password. We tried many of the remedies, but could not get access to find or change her account
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: in the past year
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not since last spring. My IT at school upgraded my computer to El Capitan so that I could run Adobe InDesign.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing...I just cannot access anything that requires my apple ID. I remember being told at some point that I needed to change my ID. I think I might have done that, but I can't remember what it is.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to reset my password ***** that I can use my Apple ID, both for my computer and my phone. I can't even upgrade anything at this point.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Try going through this process, of first making sure of what your Apple ID is, then of finding out what the password ***** your Apple ID is:

To recover first your Apple ID, then its password ***** go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

2. Then, with your Apple ID thus recovered, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be the best way of showing that my work toward a good answer to your question is appreciated.

Thanks!
(- If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond. And I will offer further advice.)