Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I can't use iCloud on my iPhone5S because my i.d. is a

Customer Question

I can't use iCloud on my iPhone5S because my i.d. is a mac.com account. I can't remember the password ***** the answers to the security questions.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Not lately
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Do you have an Apple computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mac iBook
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem is with the iPhone, not the laptop.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Yes I know but you have to either make a new Apple ID or find out the password ***** your current Apple ID. Can you access the mac.com address on your computer or phone?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help? You never replied.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can go to the mac.com address on my phone but can't get the password ***** security answers correct. The mac.com on my computer has been deleted.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

I meant can you access your mac.com email address on any devices can you get your email? Have you made any purchases with this Apple ID?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I originally set up mac.com to use iChat. I don't think I've used it for any purchases.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Then you can just make a new Apple ID and use that without any loss. If you can change the Apple ID on your device. Let me know

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

If you can receive email from the original Apple ID email address you can change the password ***** way too. You don't need the security answers

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can no longer receive email from a mac.com account.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have no idea what my original Apple ID email address was. Our first Mac was an SE30.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Then how did you get to the point of trying to enter your security questions? What did you put for your Apple ID to even do that? Did you try here? https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Also please note we get paid the same no matter how long it takes to solve your issue, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question for no extra charge. Thanks!!

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Hello?