Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Need hard drive for a Mac G4. now 120G seagate 4pin power

Customer Question

need hard drive for a Mac G4. now 120G seagate 4pin power cand 39 pin ribbon cable connectors.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a 10 YO side opening desk top called G4.Op sys. is 10.4
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: virus infcted OS 10.6 on the HD. 10.4 is resident in semiconductor memory.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well yes, if not a direct replacement is there an interface adapter to go from the old 4/39 pin version that I have to the newer 3.5" drives?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Here is a direct link to a replacement hard drive: http://itpartsonline.com/wd1200sb-wd-120gb-7200rpm-ide-3-5-inch-hard-drive/

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.