Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Apple 6s plus will not hold a charge and it's difficult

Customer Question

Hi! My Apple 6s plus will not hold a charge and it's difficult to get t charged at all. I left it charging all last night and today it has less of a charge then it did when I started. I bought this at Verizon. Should I take it back to them?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I don't know the answer to that question. It is an IPhone s plus. I'm sorry, but I'm not tech savvy.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, about a week ago. I was sent a message that the update was available.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried charging it in the car, and tried multiple outlets at home. I was able to get it charged at work, but it was down to 40% that night. It did not used to do that.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  kanoko replied 4 months ago.

I would be glad to help. To begin can you choose an outlet in your home that has been working in the past, and connect your phone to this outlet and let me know if the battery indicator shows that it is charging, and if the battery percentage is increasing at all when charging?