Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

MacBook Pro purchased last year is not recognizing my smart

Customer Question

MacBook Pro purchased last year is not recognizing my smart card for remote connections. Smart card (NIH PIV card) works fine otherwise. Can the source of the problem, and possibly a fix, be pursued through the genius bar?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: El Capitan F10.11.6.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Royal TSX as part of the correction efforts at work. (I own the laptop.) I need to check other possibilities that I'm not recalling at the moment.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Other PIV cards. MY PIV card tests normal, as expected. Earlier today some of the card reading attempts with the MacBook resulted in displays reporting "No valid certificates were found on this smart card." Not the case, as the card functioned normally with other systems.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The MacBook is working beautifully in all other respects that I'm familiar with.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried installing the latest driver for the device?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.