Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My I-Pad is no longer connected to the internet. It has

Customer Question

My I-Pad is no longer connected to the internet. It has always been, but isn't now. Help!
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I have no idea. How do I find out?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have been trying to set up my Echo, but haven't been able to because I can't make Echo talk to my We FI.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything. I have unplugged everything. For a while I lost internet service on all my things: phone, Kindle, computer, but all are back now.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else to ask.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your iPad, go to Settings > WiFi. Turn it off and turn it on. Then connect it to your WiFi and does it connect ? If so, does it work now ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

We can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot (only do these steps if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of iPad)

Then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPad. It just resets some settings like WiFi, bluetooth etc. Doing this will disconnect you from your WiFi network.

So go to Settings tap WiFi. You will find your WiFi network there. Tap it and enter your WiFi password ***** connect. Does it work now ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Just checking. How is it going ?