Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My iPad has been disabled. I don't think I evry sinced

Customer Question

my iPad has been disabled. I don't think I evry sinced w/iTunes. I did find my iPad and started the erase process thru "find my phone" hoever I dot know how to get the ipad hooked up to "wifi" to finsh the erasing process, so I can just reset the iPad like new user
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer:***@******.***.. or my icloud email is***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser I suppose, im a 60 year lady and unfortunaltely not to computer savy
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did try holding the home and on/off keys... the itune logo came up but nothing else.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you can connect to the device and fix it that would be great.
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- The solution is above, but yes, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so that I can fix your iPad directly through your computer for you. What's the make / model of your computer, if you have one?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Have you gotten a chance to try my suggestion above yet?

Besides your iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Do you still need help with your iPad issue, and/or with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,