Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Its diabled cannot figure out the password, no idea, i have

Customer Question

its diabled cannot figure out the password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: no idea, i have had this for couple years now cant remember it its never been backed either my wife wants to use for work, i dont care for the data on it
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i tried pressing both home and sleep button until it goes into reset connected to itunes it updated it but still says disabled
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: thats all i tried, the one i mentioned
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of Apple device is it, such as an iPad or iPhone, etc.?

Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the Apple device to your computer with the device's USB cable.
  3. On the Apple device, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected the device in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

- Besides that Apple device, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, do you have the iTunes program installed on your computer?

- Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step.

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, if you have one, so that I can fix your Apple device directly through your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,