Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

SsspWhy won't my spread sheets under folder Financial 2016

Customer Question

ssspWhy won't my spread sheets under folder Financial 2016 also Financial 2017 do not open. It says index.xml is missing. What is that? and How do I get my financial folders to open
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I've been using this computer for at least ten years, and I am 84 years old. How can I find out what operating system I have. Ed
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Every so often they want to update things and I say Okay. I noticed last week when I set up my spread sheets for 2017 they ask to up grade it. I gave my permission, now a week later I can't access them. I last accesed them a couple of hours ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You are my first trouble shooter in long time.
JA: Thank you.
Customer: What do I do now. A year ago almost the same thing happened. At that time I couldn't access 2015 Financial. What is going on? and how do I retrieve the spread sheets
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of now. Or How soon will I get an answer, and how?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks