Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I tried to transfer songs from an old ipod to a new ipod and

Customer Question

I tried to transfer songs from an old ipod to a new ipod and songs transfered but now I get the "Genius n/a for that song" msg.
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: ipod nano. ? OS. I transferred thru itunes
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Dec 30. Naive...not sure where to go
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did a trial thru ANYTRANS
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Usually one transfers from one iPod to another, through iTunes program on a computer.

But it appears you are approaching this differently.

Has anything been transferred so far? or is the process just objecting to one specific song? if some songs are already transferred, but just one is being objected to, there may be something wrong with that one song, or it may be checking copyright permissions or the like and finding you aren't allowed (??) perhaps.