Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How much is service? Its an ipad, Locked out of Ipad, Tried

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Hi... how much is service?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Its an ipad
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Locked out of Ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried putting the ipad into recovery mode, but it won't go into recovery mode. IPad says I need to connect it to itunes, but itunes returns error that the passcode needs to be entered. Ipad is locked because the incorrect passcode was entered too many times
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issue :(

So does your iPad say it is now disabled?

Thank you

Vinod

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Vinod, Happy New Year!No, the ipad says that it needs to connect to itunes, but then when connected to itunes it says that the ipad needs to be unlocked
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is circular

Happy new year to you too!

On your ipad, let's hold down the power button and the home button together for 30 sec. Let me know if you get a USB cable pointing to an itunes logo.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried these instructions to put it into recovery mode...https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306... but holding the home and power button at the same time shows the apple logo first, we keep holding both buttons down, and then it again returns error that the ipad is locked and needs passcode entered
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that last error mentioned is in itunes.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the recovery mode does not appear

I understand. You are getting the error because the ipad is not going into recovery mode. The recovery mode screen looks like a USB cable and an itunes logo as described in the website.

Let's try it this way. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 20 sec. Let's see if it goes into recovery mode.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it says "ipad is disabled connect to itunes"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The ipad is that is
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately, the guys on site had to leave though. So i have to resume in the morning likely.

So it still didn't go into recovery mode, correct?

Unfortunately, without getting the ipad into recovery mode, we won't be able to start the restore process.

I guess you get the apple logo after holding the buttons together for some seconds.

Let's try this without connecting the ipad to the computer.

Hold down the power button and home button together for 40 sec. Let's see if this goes into recovery mode.

Don't let go off the buttons even after seeing the apple logo.

You can reply anytime if it is late for you now.