Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I've had to clear my Mac harddrive & gone back to 10.6.4 but

Customer Question

I've had to clear my Mac harddrive & gone back to 10.6.4 but I can't open the app store to update it further. It won't recogise my password
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: 17 years
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes I've U/D 10.6 as much as possible via System Preferences
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No only my iTunes password *****
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

If iTunes doesn't recognise your password ***** you'll need to reset it.

Here’s How:

1. Begin by launching the iTunes program and clicking on the iTunes Store menu item in the left-hand tray of the iTunes window.
  2. Click “Sign In” in the top right corner of iTunes.
  3. In the window that pops up, click the “Forgot Password?” button. This will take you to an Apple website where you can reset your iTunes password.
  4. On this site, enter your Apple ID/iTunes account username. This is usually (though not always) the email address associated with your account. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID/username, too, click the link beneath the box.
  5. When you’ve entered your username, click on the “Next” button.
  6. You now have two ways to reset your password: via email or security questions.
  7. If you choose email, this will send a password-reset email to the email account associated with your iTunes account. In that case, check that email account and click on the “Reset your Apple ID” link in the email.
  8. On the site that you go to, enter the new password ***** you want to use. Click the “Reset Password” button and your password ***** be updated.
  9. Your second option is to answer your account security questions to reset your iTunes password. When you choose that option, the website will ask you to provide a number of pieces of information, including a security question, from your account. When you answer those questions, you’ll be brought to the screen where you can enter and confirm a new password.
  10. Once you’ve used one of those two options to reset your password, try logging in to the iTunes Store with the new password ***** make sure it works. If it doesn’t, go through this process again and make sure you keep track of your new password.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------