Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.
93256567

Apple has locked out my account because I can not remember

Customer Question

Apple has locked out my account because I can not remember my Apple ID or password. My daughter, who lives 1500 miles from me, set up this acct. for me and is not available to me. Took my ipad Air2 to computer dr. He cleared it out but Apple refuses to unlock it without ID and password. I am on screen that says Activation Lock . It says Your Apple id has been disabled for security reasons. To enable your account, reset your password ***** appleid.apple.com HELP!
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: never. had the original ID and password ***** daughter set up.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: only as the updates popped up on screen.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none by me.Dr. cleared it out I believe through icloud or itunes. you are talking to someone who knows how to turn it on and off. only use it for news, facebook and pics.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 16 days ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you've run into with your iPad! Activation Lock is an anti-theft deterrent built into Apple devices, but it can be very frustrating to deal with when you run into it at other times. I'm happy to help as much as I can!

To begin, would you please tell me what your email address is (the one that you use for iTunes)?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sir, I do not want to pay to connect securely, but my e-mail address is***@******.***
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you still with us, I am waiting for the answer that you said we had coming to us be we never received it.

I'm still here! No problem re: secure connection -- the email you received promoting it was automatically generated, and not neccessary.

I received your email address. Please allow me just a few minutes.

Do you still have access to the email address you specified (*****@******.***)?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it is the same e-mail address I and my husband use for his computer as well

Great! If you'd like, I can send an email to that address with instructions on how to reset your password? Once the password ***** ***** you will be able to use it to sign into your iPad -- this will bypass the activation lock.

Will that be acceptable?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we will try that for now, thanks

I have sent the email which contains instructions to reset your password *****:***@******.***

If you run into any problems resetting your password, please let me know so that I can assist you further. You can return to me at anytime by visiting: my.justanswer.com

If the password ***** does work, please also let us know so that we can mark your issue as "resolved." Thanks so much for choosing JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks hopefully we get it done, it has been very frustrating and I am not really computer knowledgeable but will try and we will let you know for sure, thanks

Yes, technology problems can be VERY frustrating sometimes! I completely understand. :-)

If you need anything else at all, though, please remember to come back and visit me!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 11 days ago.

Hello again! It's been a little while since we chatted, so I wanted to follow up and make sure you were able to regain access to your Apple ID account? Would you kindly let me know? Thanks...I look forward to hearing back from you!